Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Crack competitions with Vedic math - IV | Vertically and Cross-wise

Hi,
Once again, I know everyone enjoying the great techniques of Vedic math with me. It is a great way to remove the irritation of math puzzles. Only keep formulas in his mind and get benefit of it.
In my last article I had described the second formula of Vedic mathematics.

Now in this article I will explain the third formula of Vedic mathematics.

The third formula is-

“VERTICALLY AND CROSS-WISE”

This method is a great way to find the multiplication of a small or bigger number
For example-

We take

8 X 9

Now we try to find the result of this multiplication with fastest Vedic mathematics.

No 8 is 2 below from 10
And no 9 is 1 below from 10

Now figure is like –






In this figure we subtract cross wise 8 -1 = 7 OR 9 – 2 = 7
And multiply vertically 2 X 1 = 2

So the final figure will look like –






So the final answer will be 72
You can see how it is easy to multiply

Further I will explain the next formula of Vedic math.

No comments:

Post a Comment