Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fix the bug of notes limit in Mantis Bug Tracker | Fixing Mantis Bug

As I have mentioned a bug about Mantis earlier. Here is another weird bug from mantis for which I had to apply a patch from my one. I didn't able to find proper solution to this and this was really shocking. For a bug tracker with the status of Mantis, it should have listed its bugs and solutions in the forums or blogs. It should be easily searchable/traceable. I had to waste my fortnight to find a solution which was again a crap tweak which I always hated for long.

Here the path where I found the patch for this problem

http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=3398&nbn=3#

This time it was a case of limiting the bug notes for the email notification through Mantis. I made the changes on the mantis user preferences.

By my problem increases two folds now. The change did took effect but on few systems refusing other systems. So I had decided to resolve this problem manually

The default bug notes limit is 0 in mantis setting. You can see it in screen 1

Screen 1

I had got the file “config_defaults_inc.php” in mantis directory where i found all the settings of mantis. Searched and updated the appropriate code setting default bug notes limit to 1

You can see in screen 2

Screen 2

Then I reset the user preferences and confirmed that user preferences screen on browser is showing the default bug notes limit to 1, because I have already set the default bug notes limit in code.

And finally I had got the needful. Look it at the following image -

Screen 3


That is the only way I had found to solve it and get email notes according to my need.

Stay tuned up to get information with mantis related tasks in coming weeks.

Good luck to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment